Friday, February 25, 2011

One of "those" days...




Have you ever had one of those days? One of those days where things aren't exactly shitty, but for some inexplicable reason you feel like the best and only suitable thing to do at the moment is sit out in the cold nights rain, just you and your inner solitude, rambled thoughts and distorted dreams...and cry. Just cry. Not like depressing alligator tears kind of crying..but soft, soothing, passionate tears; that drop one by one, as if to be delicate oiled drops creating colorful perplexed life on a blank canvas. There are days I really wish I had my own place..if I had my own apartment (yes, apartment..I've always imagined myself living in one during my youth), I'd most likely not be typing any of this right now. I'd be dancing to this song instead of listening to it, "Come Undone" by Isobel Campbell & Mark Lanegan. I could just imagine how melodramatic the scene would be, perhaps it'd be similar to that of a 40's film; preferred color scheme: black and white (of course). Hair down and wild; attire: a ragged white t-shirt, no bra, and a pair of black nylon pantyhose. All lights would be off, window curtains shut, candles would be lite, setting off a dim jazzy atmosphere..the warm fragrance of vanilla  from each candle exposes itself to the entire living room. The only sounds to be heard are that of Campbell and Lanegan's voice, scattered rhythm raindrops from outside, and the counted inhale/exhales from my frantic breathing. I'd close my eyes, zone out every memory existent in my brain..and concentrate only on my three surrounding sounds. Loosen control of my muscles, ignore my fragile set of bones..and just sway..let my soul direct my movement. One step, two step..arms mingling in the air..three step, four step..hands caressing my borrowed features...five step, six step, seven...unraveling my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment