Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Life is so strange ,

overwhelming, complex, simple and beautiful.
Time, days, years, heart beats, breaths...
one moment they're here,
next thing they're something of the past.
Oh, the past! inevitable is the past.
Five minutes ago has become ancient, extinct, gone!
Even if I'm not guaranteed a future,
at least I've lived long enough to have stories of the past.
I have dreams, you have dreams.
Often times involuntarily,
we are revolved with hopes and dreams.
Tell me please, what is it to have hope?
and what use is it to dream?
And love! Love, love, love...
half the world twirls from the sense of love,
the other half twirls for the sense of love.
I cannot see it, and even when I cannot feel it,
I know it's there, I'm a spinning fool for love!
Oh, and these exclamation marks !
they shout out the whispers
I may never be able to express.
I ask you...ask me what I want.
I want to sit out under a mango tree
sometime around midnight
and sing sweet songs to the moon and the stars.
I want to show them gratitude
with my lungs and a harmonica.
I want to share myself with the world,
and open up,
just open up.
Pour me out like your serve of morning coffee,
I'll wake you up,
I'll wake you up.
I want to be taken in... by a stranger, by a lover.
I want to hold you and console you,
like your mother or your brother.
Don't try making sense of me, of my scattered vowels,
and just listen. Please, just listen.
Life is strange, overwhelming, complex, simple,
and beautiful... if that's what you let it be.

No comments:

Post a Comment