Tuesday, March 15, 2011


"You could stay a while longer
we could stay up and talk about last summer.
We could go down to the water
watch the sunset going under.

It's not that I'm a stranger to lonely moments,
I've had my share of those.

Please don't go,
Please don't leave me alone,
A mirrors so much harder to hold.
I could try and point the finger but the glass points in my direction.
Sure, you got your sharp edges
but my wounds are from my own reflection.

You've got nothing I could ever hold against you,
I got fatal flaws to call my own.

Please don't go, Please don't leave me alone.
A mirror's so much harder to hold.

I met a man who was looking for perfection
said he never met a girl who's good enough.
His eyes are getting old like they'd love to love again.
Such a lonely man,
Such a lonely man.

I see him in my reflection,
taking steps towards me these days.
So I hold you that much closer
and pray we don't throw this away.

It's not that I'm a man who couldn't love you,
I know what these arms are for.

Please don't go,
Please don't leave me alone,
A mirror is harder to hold.
Please don't leave me cold,
A mirror is harder to hold ."

- JON FOREMAN.

No comments:

Post a Comment