Tuesday, May 17, 2011

W o r d s.

Words. In ellipse. linger in and out of my body.
Throughout my veins unto my flesh.
One letter after another form sentences across my chest.
I shutter, time stands still as I hold my breath.
I reach out to the star-lite night, I stretch my arms a little further,
I feel nothing. I feel everything. I feel lost.
Yet I am found.
I am found in the time and place where my thoughts met my mouth.
I build my own river and drown.
I drown out the words that convey into images.
Slowly, gradually, I escape my own sound.
No trace of my torso, no trace of my limbs,
no frantic heart beating, no blink of an eye,
It's just these few words, my manic, and mind.
All over me, within me...these words remind me I'm not the best.
My sanity pending, these words defending...
I'm not the worst, I'm not the best.
I'm not the worst, if not misled.

No comments:

Post a Comment