Sunday, October 30, 2011

Kiss me conspicuously underneath the mango tree.



This song breaks my heart every time I listen to it, 
and I guess in some odd way, 
that's what makes me love it that much more.

Well, my current status of life--
I guess it could be summed up in one simple word: change.
It kind of makes the inside of my stomach feel warm just thinking about it, how much change is currently taking place, and how much inevitable change is on its way. I often have those cinematic moments where I visualize myself standing still in a scene of ever-revolving life. You know, the one where everything and everyone is in inexplicable evolve, and you're in the center of it all reflecting on the time passing you by. I'm officially unemployed, I'm officially going to live one of my dreams of visiting New York (the two-way aero-plane tickets have been purchased!), there's less than two months before fall semester is over, there's a possibility that I'll be a bank tailor starting this upcoming new year (and the whole process of being interviewed and etc. terrifies the shit out of me), I have what I guess can be considered a "date" this Thursday (and it means quite a bit cos' I haven't been on one of those for far too long), my desire for starting my journalism career is taking it's toll on me, and I'm just ready to start taking some action. I've been partying quite a bit these past weeks, I had my first actual "drunk" experience and I enjoyed it, but I'm over it. My realization on the truth of matters is expanding, and it's getting clearer everyday that I really don't give a shit if I fit in or stand out. I want to live a prosperous life, I want to be a follower of God. I want to do good, and I want to be happy. I want to follow my somewhat obscure dreams, and I don't want to waste whatever time it is that I have on this fleeting earth weeping and wondering, and hoping without faith. I'm not sure where this path that I'm on is leading me, but I know it's leading me to where I'm destined to be. I know I may not make it to be a legend, and chances are historians will leave my name out of ten pound weighing books, but I genuinely don't care. The right people will come into my life when I need them, I'll fall irrevocably in love with the greatest man imaginable when I least expect it, the right doors will open up when they're destined to, and this world will spin madly on but everything will be just fine. I know God has a humble amount of special plans intended for me, and I'm excited for the journey of reaching them. I'm scared, nervous, anxious, stready, ready, and exited. This is the kind of feeling to live for. More than ever, I'm set forth on living. Living to be alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment