Tuesday, March 6, 2012

There's this guy.
I don't know his name.
Who he is.
Where he's from.
We go to the same college.
We've walked the same hallways.
As we sat across from each-other in the computer-lab,
I could tell. I could tell he wanted to say hello, too.
He sneezed, I said bless you.
He said "thank-you."
We proceeded with what we were doing,
My last-minute essay typing of the Great Gatsby,
His what is curiously yet unknown to me.
We both looked up, quite a few times
With the same intrigue, wonder, hesitation,
Trying to avoid the lock of eyes
A sort of introduction in disguise.

He left
Found an excuse to come back
Hesitated some more, then sheeped out.

This made me smile
And I can just tell
He'll be looking forward to it, too.
The chance of another encounter.
The mystery
The sense of chemistry
The unravel
The endless possibilities
The unfold that can be sought
with a simple "hello".

  

No comments:

Post a Comment