Thursday, April 5, 2012

T  w  e  n  t  y  -  f  i  v  e  d  a  z e. 





"I was gripped with a bit of fear
Worried the one thing that I loved
Back when I was just a kid
Might now never be enough
That the body I was in
Might belong to someone else
Someone kinder
Someone surer
Someone innocent
Young and beautiful
Someone purer--

I was scratching at my skin
Hoping changes would begin
But what laid beneath was blood
Well, of course,
What the hell was I thinking of?
Won't you take me down to the creek,
Wash away our sins of sleep,
I feel so tired
As though I might
Not wake at all on the other side,
That's no way to go  --


Oh, my dearer one
Bathe me in your glow
Cut out my lonely heart
And bury it in the snow
Nothing really means nothing
is the saddest thing I know
So deliver me from sin,
And give me rock and roll---"

2 comments: